PRAYER INCLUDES COMMUNICATION
Communication is a process that includes talking, listening and understanding.
God loves it when you talk to Him.
God loves it when you listen to Him.
God loves to give understanding and direction to His kids.
Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken. My victory and honor come from God alone. He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me. O my people, trust in him at all times. Pour out your heart to him, for God is our refuge. (Psalm 62:5-8 NLT)
We’re pretty good at talking… But have you realized this?
God loves it when you listen to Him. He loves to give understanding and direction to His kids.
A great prayer is: Holy Spirit, what are you saying to me?
Jesus: My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. (John 10:27)
Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known. (Jeremiah 33:3 ESV)
For us to “hear” the “great and hidden things God wants to make known to us” we have to place ourselves in a posture to LISTEN.
Your own ears will hear him. Right behind you a voice will say, “This is the way you should go,” whether to the right or to the left. (Isaiah 30:21 NLT)
Can you imagine experiencing a walk with God so close that you get specific direction for every major decision in life, and even the ones that “aren’t so major”?
Trust GOD from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for GOD’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he’s the one who will keep you on track. (Proverbs 3:5-6 MSG)
PRAYER BEGINS WITH A RELATIONSHIP INCLUDES COMMUNICATION AND IS ULTIMATELY PARTNERSHIP WITH OUR STRONG AND SOVEREIGN GOD.
Prayer is partnership with God in His planet-sized purposes… — S.D. Gordon
There is no neutral ground in the universe. Every square inch, every split second is claimed by God, and counterclaimed by Satan. — C.S. Lewis
The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results. (James 5:16b NLT)
The phrase “produces wonderful results” (NLT) or “powerful and effective” (NIV) or “has great power” (ESV) means “to make a significant impact".
Your PRAYERS “make a significant impact!”
The Message translates this verse, “The prayer of a person living right with God is something powerful to be reckoned with.” (MSG)
Everything God does, He does through the power of PRAYER.
- Prayer is the way the unconnected people make a personal connection with the God of the Universe through His Son, Jesus Christ (Luke 18:13).
- Prayer is the way people who’ve walked away from God get restored to God (James 5:16-20).
- Prayer is the way we defeat, overcome and destroy the plans, works and strategies of the evil one (Luke 22:32; James 4:7).
- Prayer is the way we get wisdom, direction, understanding and insight from God (James 1:5).
- God uses prayer to give direction and guidance to His kids (James 1:5; Scriptures above).
- Prayer is one of the things God uses to strengthen, encourage and inspire believers (Jude 20, Matthew 26:41).
- Prayer is the way we people get launched into our personal assignments and mission fields (Matthew 9:38).
- God uses prayer offered in faith to heal the sick (James 5:13-15).
- Prayer is how ordinary people accomplish extraordinary and impossible things (Mark 11:23-24).
- Prayer can bring the dead back to life (John 11:17-44; Ezekiel 37)
- Prayer can bring catalytic breakthrough! Jesus said, “Faith – even small ‘mustard seed sized’ faith can move mountains…” (Matthew 17:20). Prayer is simply putting WORDS and EXPECTATIONS to your faith!
- Prayer can demolish long-established strongholds built by the evil one to keep you from fulfilling your destiny. Paul said, “…the weapons of our warfare are not human weapons, but have divine power to destroy, tear down and demolish strongholds” (2 Corinthians 10:4)
- Prayer can change the hearts of people in power (Proverbs 21:1).
- Prayer can change the destiny of a nation (Genesis 18; Exodus 32:30-33; Deuteronomy 9:13-14).
You can pray your way through pressure.
You can pray your way through pain.
You can pray your way through sickness.
You can pray our way through fear.
You can pray your way through discouragement.
Prayer can take you through the pain of your present problems into the reality of God's extravagant and abundant provision!
Prayer is the key that unlocks all the storehouses of God’s infinite grace and power. All that God is, and all that God has, is at the disposal of prayer. But we must use the key. Prayer can do anything that God can do, and since God can do anything, prayer is omnipotent. - R.A. Torrey
God never shuts His storehouses until you shut your mouth. — C.H. Spurgeon
ACTIVATE angel armies,
ALLOCATE heavens resources,
CAPTIVATE our heart with the goodness, grace and power of God!
CELEBRATE our relationship with God or a victory from God,
CONCENTRATE my focus,
CONSECRATE my life,
DEVASTATE the strategies of the evil one,
DEMONSTRATE my faith,
ELEVATE my attitude,
ESCALATE my expectations,
GENERATE the resources and supplies necessary to complete my mission,
PERMEATE my actions,
MANDATE God’s decrees,
TRANSLATE my worries,
UPDATE my mind,
SUBJUGATE my flesh and Satan’s agenda,
TERMINATE the devil’s plan,
REACTIVATE my energy, my life, my marriage,
OBLITERATE my fears,
PRECIPATATE a breakthrough,
PENETRATE hell’s headquarters
and, POPULATE heaven!
Let’s start ASKING and BELIEVING as BIG as GOD CAN GIVE!